I started using the phpDocumentor for Vim (PDV) script written by Tobias Schlitt. Very quickly I found a bug with one of the regular expressions used to parse apart the class definition. Tobias does not seem to be maintaing this plugin anymore, so I decided I would fix the bug and submit a new version to vim.org. I packaged up the new version of the script and went to update the PDV page on vim.org only to find out I can't. There isn't even a mechanism for me to post a comment.
I was frustrated to say the least, but knew I could not have been the first one. I found an archived email sent by Thomas Koch to the VIM mailing list describing some of the problems with the management of scripts and the improvements he would like to see made. Thomas also created a wiki page to organize his proposed relauch.
The great thing is that the website is built using PHP and MySQL. That means I can lend a hand to make these changes happen. I really don't want to see this project die off, so I have emailed the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list prompting for more action.